All reporting complies to the Australian Standards for Inspections of buildings, Part 1: Pre-purchase inspections - Residential buildings (AS 4349 & AS4349.1-2007).
The report covers -
1. Site Conditions assessment - a site drainage, garden, trees and landscape analysis is done to help identify reasons for possible foundation movements / failures and or evidence of seepage into the home.
2. Full structural point by point check - All the components that structurally make up the dwelling including a manhole crawl in the ceiling cavity (where accessible) are checked for defects and correct use.
3. Movement and stability issues - This section of the report covers cracking to building elements, classifies the damage so it is easy for you to understand the significance of any movement issues and then makes recommendation on what to do about those issues.
4. Externally - the building is checked from roof apex to ground using a ladder to inspect the condition of the roof, fascias, gutters and down pipes (where accessible). You will be given a full rundown of all the different components making up the building, the materials used, an understanding of any defects and recommendations as required.
5. Internally - Once again the building is checked thoroughly from the lowest floor level to the highest ceiling point. All wet areas are inspected and a moisture meter device is used if required. The internal section of the report comments on every aspect and building product used from the kitchen and living areas to the bedrooms and other rest areas. Comments can range depending on the issues from aesthetics to operational issues and most importantly ongoing cost considerations.
6. Safety Items - We identify safety switches, smoke alarms and report on obvious defects at the time of the inspection in relation to electrical, plumbing, staircase hand railing, glazing, asbestos and any other hazardous safety concerns.
7. Summary - Finally there is a summary and personal grading opinion of the home in comparison with other homes of similar age and era that have previously been inspected. This will rate all the areas inspected throughout the report which explains the significance of the issues reported and grades the property so you can be sure you are buying well from a building inspector’s perspective.
Cairns Building Reports FNQ- Pre Purchase / Pre sale Cairns Building Reports provides a complete thorough guide of the building / property as it covers every aspect of a home from top to bottom.
The building report is computer generated and issued from site via email on the day of your inspection. Also it is recommended that you attend site to run through all the findings and ask any questions that you feel will assist you with your decisions.
You will find our personal onsite consultations very valuable, as it gives you an added energetic feel for the inspectors opinion of the property.
As part of this service we will contact the agent on your behalf to organise a time that is convenient for all concerned parties. If you require other building inspections and pest inspections at the same time we will look to organise these also so all information is available onsite when we meet you.